College Location

Devaswom Board Pampa College is situated on a sprawling 25 acre campus beside the renowned holy Pampa River at Parumala near Mannar in the Pathanamthitta district, bordering the nearby Aalappuzha district. This historically important place is also the confluence of three important rivers of Kerala - Pampa, Achankovil and Manimalayaru.

The college is ideally located at a secular place, in all respects. It is in between three important religious landmarks of Kerala - the many century old Thrikkoratti Mahadeva temple, the St.Gregorious Church which is renowned worldwide for its association with the Christian Saint 'Parumala Thirumeni', and the many century old Muslim Jama-At known as Mannar Valiya Palli.

The place Mannar has an important role in the industrial map of Kerala as it is the largest hub of organized bronze metal manufacturing in South India. The fame of idols and other metal handicrafts carved by the seasoned craftsmen here have reached many countries and adorn important landmarks in many places. It is believed that the Viswakarma community, engaged in metal craft as their traditional occupation, migrated here as part of the construction of the Koratti temple. It is said that the King of Panthalam, who ruled Odanadu during early part of 1000 A.D. and had contacts with the Pandya rulers, brought Viswakarmas from Sankarankoil and they settled at Thattarambalam near Mavelikkara. Later their descendents migrated to Mannar during 1075 A.D. when the capital of Odanadu was shifted to Kayamkulam.

By Train: The College is about 15 kms from the nearby railway stations of Mavelikkara, and 5 kms from Thiruvalla.

By bus: Numerous buses ply in the Thiruvalla- Mannar- Mavelikkara route up to late evening