DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
Activities: June - August 2015
1. Participation in National Conference:National conference on Frontiers in Diabetic Research & Treatment -‘BIORADIANCE 2015’ at Pushpagiri Institute of medical science and Research centre, Thiruvalla on 24th July 2015.
2. Research lab visit:Research lab visit to Thiruvalla Pushpagiri Research Centre (PRC) on 24th July 2015 for familiarizing students about sophisticated laboratory equipments.
3. Inauguration of Zoology Association - “ZORBA 2015” :Zoology association “ZORBA 2015”was inaugurated by Dr. Renjith P. ,Chief Physician, Dhanwanthari Madom Traditional Ayurvedic Clinic, Mannar on 6th August 2015. He also delivered a talk on the topic‘ Nalla Aarogyam’.
4. Seminar on Lifestyle diseases :Zoology Dept. in association with DDRC SRL, Kottayam conducted one day Seminar on the topic ‘Clinical guidelines for management of hypertension & Lifestyle diseases’ on 12th August 2015 at the Seminar hall. The seminar was inaugurated by Dr.P.P.Chandrasekhara Pillai, College Principal & Keynote address was given by Mrs. K. Meera Bhai,HOD, Biochemistery, DDRC SRL.
5. Butterfly Garden inauguration:Dr P.P.Chandrasekhara Pillai, Principal inaugurated the ’Butterfly Garden’, an initiative to study & conserve butterflies ‘on 18th August 2015 .
6. Seminar on ‘Butterfly Diversity & Conservation’:Department of Zoology organized a one day seminar on the topic entitled ‘Butterfly Diversity & Conservation’ by Mr. Vipin V. Nath from Kottayam Nature Club at Seminar Hall on 18th August 2015.
7. Seminar on ‘ Bird Watching’:Department of Zoology in association with Kottayam Nature Club organized a one day seminar on ‘Bird Watching’ on 20th August 2015 at Smart Seminar Hall. Mr. Jayakrishnan from Kottayam Nature Club familiarized the students about the different bird species around us and stressed on the importance of conserving Avian diversity.
© 2012 Devaswom Board Pampa College. All rights reserved. Powered & Designed by SGS Media Solutions